Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!! #23 Get a new Tattoo

My Birthday is Today- The 24th..  I'm 27 years old.. Weird!!   I feel old, but I don't - I feel like its just another day.. Totally not what it used to be when you were little.. You anticipated the day you turned another year older, now as you get older you wish you could turn back the hands of time.. HA not going to happen, so as I like to say.. Age as gracefully and happy as you can and you have nothing to worry about.. :0)

So with my b-day coming up I decided I wanted to finally get my tattoo that I have waited SOOO long to get and John decided he would pay for it as my B-day gift.. I love him!!

So Sat I went and got my Piece done on my back left shoulder..  Its a Japenese Cherry Blossom. There are two meanings that go with this tree and this meaning is what I LOVE and I think it is truley fitting
“Cherry blossom is an omen of good fortune and is also an emblem of love, affection and represents spring. Cherry blossoms are an enduring metaphor for the fleeting nature of life, and as such are frequently depicted in art.”


I love it!!   So this is what I did.   In the trunk of the tree I did our Wedding date, I'm not keen on names being tattooed on me, except of course my kids they are my blood, So instead of John's name I did our wedding date,  in one of the branches (represents our family tree) Tristan's name is in it and we did  another branch for our 2nd baby whenever that happens :0)  - I did a headstone to show for my Dad.  I miss him so much!!  :(  and once the piece is completed it will have butterflies surrounding the headstone  and the tree will be filled out with all the cherry blossoms and it will look as if it is swaying over the headstone to the left, Very pink and very pretty!! I might add some sky or clouds or somethin. We will see how much more pain I can endure.   - The tree is sitting in a meadow or field (if youwill)  and I just absolutly LOVE it!!   

So that completes 1 of 2 on my tattoos for #23..  I'm not sure what my second tat will be or where I'm going to put it.. But I know I want another one.. We will see. :0)

So to complete my B-day,  John was amazing all weekend -  Sunday we went to see a movie and ate at California Pizza Kitchen Love that place especially the salad. We went and saw "Law Abiding Citizen" Great Movie- and T got to stay home with John's Dad..  We went shopping as well, and got a few things for Johns B-day since his is two weeks after mine.. :0) Except shhhh he will be 31..  :0)~

~Great Weekend and Great Birthday~

1 comment:

Lisa said...

LOVE the tat..and the meaning behind it!!

Glad you had a great birthday : )