Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 9, 2009

~***Tristan's 1st Birthday***~ #77


Today is T's 1st Birthday- I can't even believe it- I feel like it was such a short time ago that I had him. I mean, I look back at last year and I can remember everything leading up to Tristan arriving, the time, the scenery, it just seems so surreal.
Tristan was a stubborn little butt for sure. I went through 30 hours of labor, and ended up with a c-section just to get this stinker out. Tristan arrived at 6:28am and I have been in love ever since. I'm so happy and proud to be his Mom - on days that are frustrating or the days he's whiny, and crying I have to remind myself of all the good days we have and the love I have for him overshadows all these temper tantrums and crying fits. I'm excited to see what the next year holds for him and us. I'm excited for him to learn, developmentally, and physically - start walking, talking etc.. this next year in his life will be another chapter in our lives with new things to come, new places to go and explore and do what little boys do best and that's makes messes and get dirty!! I'm ready for it~

Tristan goes in on Monday for his 1 year well check- so I will update all of his stats as soon as I know.
As far as what he does and how far he's come since last month- lets see here.
He says: Uh oh, dato=dog, ishy, Mom, dada, tries to say juice but its hard to come up with a word that comes out of his mouth to type up, shews=shoes,out sounds like ut.., whoaaaaa, shhhhh (but I think he trys to say shut up because he only says that after we tell are obnoxious dogs to shut up from barking) and the scariest of them all- the one word all parents DON'T look forward to in there son or daughter's vocabulary... "NO"
(well just wonderful- now we are in trouble)
He's cruising: He cruises the couches and coffee tables, the bed, anything he can pull himself up on he's willing to try and then take steps.
He's crawling at the speed of lightening, you think you have a sec or two to get to something before he will actually get there and your soooo wrong. when you least expect it he's already there making a mess with the dog bowls, trying to eat the dog food, getting into the shoes, tearing apart your Tupperware cabinet, taking all of his clothes out of the bottom of his drawers, and many other things.
Bottles and sippy cups: He's drinking out of his sippy cup like a pro. with juice and water only. Milk is going to be a challenge I can already feel it. He's not so keen on the texture and I have tried to warm it, keep it somewhat cool and then straight form the fridge and none of these he is taking to.. So my plan as of right now is to keep him on his formula but put it in sippy cup until I can get him completely weaned to milk- I really don't see any harm in keeping him on it - I will not be doing this until after the birthday party on Sat. though. Probably Sunday we will be transitioning. I would like him to be off bottle completely and I'm pretty sure the only way to do this is to get rid of them all together. (I'm not so sure if that's going to go so well).
The Binky: So I have been pretty avid about him coming off the bink when he turned one, but suddenly T has become EXTREMELY attached to that sucker. and I'm kinda nervous considering i had 4 and I seem to missing 3?? I am left with one. I almost bought more and stopped myself and was like uh hello what are you doing.. so I put them down.
I'm not sure how taking away the bink is going to go over- It has become his safeguard and my weapon against crying and whining. so I'm torn on this one. I DON'T want to be that mother with the kid that has a pacifier still in his mouth at the age of 2, 3, 4 or 5 years old!! That's just not going to happen. So I need to come up with a plan..
So I'm in awww over the fact that my lil man is ONE, he's turning into this little independent self -doing things on his own, and growing up faster than I think I would like- but on the other hand I'm loving this stage in his life. He's such a character, the sounds he makes, the talking he does, the gestures, the faces he makes are just so silly. He carries on conversations with you and its fun to talk back to him and then to have him respond as if he really knows what he's talking about. I love the fact that when we are at home and John walks through the door - Tristan's eyes LIGHT up.. I know john has got to love that moment as well. How could you not? After a long day at work and then being able to come home to your Son who is so absolutely thrilled to see him who shrieks and giggles and just goes nutz .. AMAZING!!!
My little baby went from this:

Born: July 9, 2008 @ 6:28am
7lbs 12oz and 21 1/2" in.
to this:

Pretty Cool if you ask me!!!
Tristan Marcus
July 9, 2009


Tristan's 1st Birthday Party is on Sat. I will be posting as soon as I can about that event- should be fun, friends and family are coming over, We will be swimming, eating yummy food and lots of CAKE!! Which I know Tristan will enjoy!! and of course taking TONS of pictures!! Check back on Sunday.. :0)
Happy Birthday Lil Man. I'm so happy and proud to be your Mommy and I feel extremely blessed to have you in my life. I love you.

Love Mommy
..
**I will post 12month pics when I take them at home tonite

No comments: