Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Checklist

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer both.   I like to wrap but it takes forever and honestly I'm not the best wrapper.


2. Real tree or Artificial? We have always had a real tree. A real tree to me, makes me feel more like Christmas. Come on. We live in Az and anything that sets the scene for me helps!!

3. When do you put up the tree? Since we get real I wait until about two weeks after Thanksgiving to go and get it

4. When do you take the tree down?  Usually right after New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes and no..  I like it with Alcohol - but plain no thanks!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything that was dolls, barbies or my little pony

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, used to be the hardest person to buy for, but now its John. Unless he gives me ideas I really have no idea. Haha He's lucky he doesn't get new boxers and socks  every year.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Tristan for sure.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I like them, but  I have no where to put it up and I would be afraid that T would mess with it and I would end up finding them all over the place.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love doing Christmas cards.


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a cooler for our Rhino.  I'm not sure why/what or how that got on my list of things wanted but it was given.Needless to say I was not very happy.  
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands down every single year you can find me watching  National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The most funniest movie EVER!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? For Tristan I start mid year- I find deals and put away the toys. I finished up the day after Thanksgiving though. Its actually nice to not have to be running around a week two weeks before xmas.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? :raises hand:  You betcha..


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham, Turkey Taters and gravy..  All my favs and I love every single second of it.


16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? The last few years they have been white. I always say I will do colored but end up with white. but they are rotating

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything from Mariah Carey and Carrie Underwood

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'm pretty traditional in that I like to be in our home for Christmas. but this year I took the plunge and we decided that we would try something different. So we are traveling to Colorado this year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course!!  :big guilty grin:

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star. always.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Who opens presents Christmas Eve?  What fun is that??
Christmas Morning for sure. and I can't wait for the mornings when T and his little sibling get up at the crack of dawn to wake us up to start opening. 
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.


23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People can really turn into Grinch's! The way I see it- you have 351 days to be a Grinch don't pick the one day or the one month to be Mr Grinch!!

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I do themes every year, black and silver this year. but my Fav ornament has to be the one I bought with all our names on it as well as the one Hallmark had for the Hippopotamus.  It sings and I love it!!
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Ham - Love me some ham..
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? a new camera, watch and sunglasses.


27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I think like in 3rd or 4th grade. It was pretty obvious when I caught my parents putting out gifts the night before.  haha

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds!


31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? I wish.  I would love to decorate our home. I have to admit I did last year. I tried my hardest to get John to help me, but he was being the Grinch (see what I mean).  but next year I am sooooo making him decorate!!
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Magic key. We don't have a fireplace. Next home I would love to have one.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts!


34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Charlie Brown Christmas.

No comments: