Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birth Story Part 1

***Please note this is mainly for me to remember and log my own birth story- its long and drawn out and will be in parts. Your more than welcome to skip over.  =)

Lets start with the fact that M's birth story is kind of a unique one, Unique? Yes.. because everything that I did up to having M was all for a successful VBAC.  I can proudly say I am one of those women who had a successful VBAC and so very happy about it!
My original due date was Aug 6, 2011 and if I didn;t have M on my own than we had a scheduled C-section for Aug 9th per my request (that would have put T and M 3 years and one month apart exactly). After the few weeks of being checked and only making it to a 1 dilation and 0% effacement,except at my last appt on that Tues. she said I had progressed to 50% effacement and a 2, so she went ahead and stripped my membranes. to no avail I decided that I would take Thursday and Friday off and begin my maternity leave somewhat early. I also had a plan of action to get M to come on his own and that plan included a reflexology appt on Thursday.  I went to my appt at 10 am and was there for about an hour, hour and half- the foot rub was amazing but all i could think about was, is this really going to work?  Her turn around time she said out of every 6 pregnant patients was 24 hours. After my appt I was advised to go walk, walk, walk, but I had other things I had wanted to get done just in case this actually worked. So I went and ran my errands as well as went and had a pedicure and manicure. I went home that night with still nothing happening. Mild cramping but that was normal.  Friday I had a plan to hang out with Tristan, just me and him for the day. So we went and got my truck washed, went and saw Cars 2 for the third time, ate lunch at the mall and had pretzels, went grocery shopping. During that time I was cramping and contracting but nothing worthy enough to make me think anything was happening.  We ate dinner as usual and we put T down as normal. 9 pm came and my contractions were coming closer and closer and stronger. I told John about it and we made sure to get our bags packed and ready to go. I fell asleep only to be woken up at about 2 am with some pretty strong contractions and discomfort, I downloaded an app on my phone so I could time the contractions and realized that they were coming every 7-10 minutes. So I got up walked around and they were still coming just more intense. I tried to go back to sleep and that wasn't happening. As the hours passed they just became stronger and closer together like 2-4 minutes apart, I'm pretty sure I just doubted myself because I didn't wake John up until almost 5 am and finally told him "I think its time", as soon as he heard that asked how far apart they were, he set the ball in motion! He told me to call my mom to have her come over, he jumped in the shower and I started to panic just a tiny bit in between contractions.  My mom got to our house around 5:45am and I just wasn't sure if we should go. I mean i was doubting myself but it was clear that I was having c contractions, the ones you can't talk through. I explained to my mom last minute things about T and we finally left our house at about 6:45am.  I told John to stop at McD's so I could eat something because I knew that if I was admitted I wouldn't be able to eat and I wasn't about to have that considering I didn't eat for 30+ hours when I had T and i was starving! So I had a good ole fashion Sausage McMuffin and it was super yummy!
We got to the hospital and made that last walk to the front admittance only stopping so I could get through my contractions. I told them who i was and I was met by a triage nurse who opened those big doors to the beginning of our "new life!!"

1 comment:

cindyjean said...

Yay! I've been waiting to hear how Ariadne's little boyfriend made his entrance! Congratulations, Jenn; now two beautiful boys and an awesome little family.